Office Manager for the YES FM Radio Network:
Posted August 15, 2018
The YES FM Radio Network is seeking a highly organized and responsible Office Manager to join our Christ- centered radio ministry. The Office Manager must have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, maintain a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of the YES FM Radio Network. Must be a team player with a spirit of unity and cooperation with all staff members. This is a support position with some advanced responsibilities to assist the Station Manager. Must be able to handle confidential matters and information. Must have a knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, have accounts payable/receivable and excellent bookkeeping skills. The ability to learn about basic broadcast operation and FCC rules and regulations. This job requires experience handling multiple incoming telephone lines, the ability to interact with people professionally and politely. Requires an independent, self-motivating, self-starter, detail-oriented person who is punctual, yet, teachable person. Excellent time-management skills are essential. This is a full-time position at our main office in Toledo, Ohio, 40 hours a week, 8 hours per day. Hours must fall somewhere between Monday thru Friday 8am – 5pm, with some overtime and Saturday hours possible, but rarely needed.
Office Manager responsibilities and requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, financial reporting
- Understanding of non-profit donation procedures
- Processing donations
- All ministry banking, financial, and insurance matters, including all local, state, and federal requirements
- Prepare monthly and year-end accounting, financial reports and other month and year end duties
- Familiarity and maintaining of all FCC and non-profit organization requirements
- Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Payroll – will keep track of employee attendance, vacation, PTO, and holiday time. Familiarity of procedures regarding withholding, federal and state tax preparation, federal/state tax deposits, IRS Forms, and other payroll needs and requirements
- Excellent bookkeeping skills
- File state unemployment and property exemption reports
- Administer and assist with all human resource policies and procedures
- Answer phones and greet visitors in a pleasant manner and taking care of their needs
- Be familiar with station programming and area ministries to assist callers
- Interface with current and potential donors in a gracious and professional manner
- Strong organizational skills
- Assist the Station Manager as requested and needed, including special projects
- Assist in planning and coordinating mailings, fund raisers, receptions, and staff and ministry events
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Follow station policies as stated in the YES FM Employee Handbook
To apply, please send resume with references, and a statement of your religious beliefs to:
Jeff Howe, YES FM Station Manager
5105 Glendale Ave. Suite C
Toledo, OH 43614
Or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part Time DJ Positions:
If you have a passion for people, serving others, and Christian music that reaches youth; then YES FM may be the place for you.
YES FM is not your typical Christian radio station, playing Christian artists and artists that are Christians in the genres of rock, rap, EDM, pop and modern worship. Our focus is music and engaging with the public through live appearances and social media. We believe that the entire Bible is the truth, Jesus is the only way and, loves everyone and has a wonderful plan for each and every one of us.
This is our 25th year of broadcasting and help is needed as we celebrate. Areas that we are looking to fill include on-air announcers, behind the scenes of the live broadcast, audio production, script writing, music research, music licensing, website and social media, graphic art, video, public appearances, sales and general office work. Part-time employment and internships are available. Positions are temporary but could lead to permanent. Internships are unpaid but we expect our interns to treat the internship as if it were an actual job.
Applicants must be self-motivated, detail oriented, punctual, be able to multi task, meet deadlines, and correspond through e-mail on a regular and consistent basis.
Experience is preferred, but we are willing to train the right people. Some weekends and evenings are required for most positions. Applicants also must have reliable transportation and be willing to travel outside of the listening area. Part-time hours may vary and some months will be busier than others. Must be flexible. For internships, we strive to meet all school requirements.
To apply, email a resume, references, statement of faith, and a two minute or less youtube video of yourself to Jeff Howe at email@example.com. If you are unable to make and send a youtube video, please do not apply.